20 Questions For Evaluating Marketing Asset Management Solutions
If you are considering a Marketing Asset Management Solution, here are 20 things you must consider:
1. What kinds of materials will be included in, and managed through, the MAM solution?
Basic marketing materials (marketing collateral documents, promotional items, point-of-sale materials, print advertisements)?
Direct marketing campaign materials (direct mail documents, e-mail marketing messages)?
Sales support materials (sales presentations, sales proposals, etc.)?
Communications materials not related to marketing or sales (technical/maintenance documentation, administrative/human resources documents, etc.)?
General business supplies (office supplies, maintenance supplies, etc.)?
2. Is the MAM solution multi-channel? If so, what channels does it include and are the channels connected for executing multi-channel campaigns?
Landing Pages? Connected?
Print Ads and Fliers? Connected?
Social Marketing Library? Connected?
Mobile Marketing? Connected?
Point of Sale and Signage? Connected?
Direct Mail? Connected?
3. Does the MAM solution support easy and extensive customization of marketing materials/documents by users?
4. What level of system uptime/availability will the MAM solution provider guarantee? Does the provider have the technological infrastructure to support this guarantee?
5. How quickly can new and/or revised/updated materials be added to the MAM solution (and obsolete/outdated materials removed)?
6. How secure will the MAM solution be, in terms of both access and data back-up?
7. Will the MAM solution provider offer a written service level agreement to document its performance commitments?
8. Does the MAM solution have robust user management to give different users a different graphic interface and differing access/materials needs?
9. Can the MAM solution be configured to support multiple levels of purchasing/ordering authority? Is local tax managed? Can multiple vendors be paid through a single credit card transaction?
10. Can the MAM solution be configured to incorporate and enforce the approval processes used to manage the purchase and use of marketing materials?
11. Can the MAM solution be configured to track and manage spending and budgetary compliance by organizational business units (departments, branch offices, retail outlets, etc.)?
12. Can the MAM solution be configured to track and manage cooperative advertising/marketing development programs?
13. Does the MAM solution provide adequate reporting capabilities to meet your management needs?
14. Will the MAM solution be easy to use?
15. How long will it take to implement the MAM solution?
16. Does the MAM solution provider offer an adequate amount of training for system users?
17. What ROI will the MAM solution produce, and how long will the payback period be?
18. What internal business processes will need to be implemented or changed to maximize the benefits provided by the MAM solution?
19. Does the MAM solution include robust digital asset management for easy location and use of images, artwork, documents and other marketing files?
20. Does the MAM solution let you keep your existing fulfillment partners such as a printer or media firm?
Looking for even more information on Marketing Asset Management Solutions? We have it!
© This document contains copyrighted materials from PointBalance, Inc. Saepio also contributed to the content creation and editing.