There is no question that social marketing is fundamentally changing the marketer’s world. With its arrival, the challenge of controlling brand messaging and maintaining brand integrity has become infinitely larger due to the increased number of stakeholders influencing the brand’s story.
For distributed marketing managers, the ability to coordinate social marketing within your own organization when distributed marketers - whether local franchisees, VARs, salespeople, agencies or others - are involved can make this even more of a challenge. But, with these challenges comes opportunities for profoundly impactful marketing and meaningful relationships with your customers.
This guide addresses the unique challenges of social marketing in a distributed marketing organization through the following topics:
- What is social marketing?
- What role does social marketing play for different types of distributed marketers?
- How to use technology to enable efficient communication.
- Five steps to create an effective social media program.
- How to make social media work for you.